Ounces Of Wisdom Quotes
This is #31 in our OUNCES OF WISDOM series. The quotations come from the Bible and other sources, both historical and contemporary. Think about how they might apply to you.
- “The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.”Proverbs 12:15
- “When the heart sees what God wants, the body must be willing to spend and be spent for that cause alone.“Oswald Chambers
- “The wise store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.’Proverbs 10:14
- “You are my God and I will praise You; You are my God and I will exalt you.Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.”Psalm 118:28-29
- “Wrongdoing can only be avoided if those who are not wronged feel the same indignation as those who are.”Solon (638-559 B C)
- “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”Lao-Tzu (604-531 B C)
- ““I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”Psalm 119:11
- “Virtue and vice are like life and death or mind and matter; things that cannot exist without being qualified by their opposite.”Samuel Butler(17th century English poet
- “Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!”Psalm 32:11
- “Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in any country.If it were, the laws would lose their effect, because it can always be pretended.”President Thomas Jefferson
- ““I have little doubt that the single greatest obstacle to the impact of the gospel has not been its inability to provide answers, but the failure on our part to live it out.”Pastor Ravi Zacharias
- “Conscience is the most sacred of all property.”President James Madison
- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”Proverbs 9:10; Psalm 111:10.
- “I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self.”Aristotle (384-322 B C)
- “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against them who do evil.”1 Peter 3:12 (KJV)
From these quotes, what strikes you as a thought that has immediate application to your life? What is the first step you should take as a result?
Ounces Of Wisdom Quotes
The primary purpose of the study questions is to help the listener/reader more fully grasp the significance and implications of the topic. Recipients may send your responses or comments to God’s Plan for Service by email to [email protected]or mail to GPS, 1226 Knox Valley Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027.
- Look at #15 above.Are you part of the “righteous?”What evidence can you present to substantiate this?
- What does “the fear of the Lord” mean in #13 above?
- What is your reaction to the comment of Pastor Ravi Zacharias in #11 above?
Kenneth Oosting, Ph D