Spring is here and the real estate market is in full swing. Many people are getting their homes ready to sell and most will focus on the inside of the home to stage it for a quick sale. Home staging and preparing your home to sell is extremely important to get top dollar but don’t neglect the yard. If your landscaping looks tired and is in need of some TLC what will this say to a potential buyer?
Now is the time to take note of the things you need to do to maintain your yard and invite the home buyers in! Spring is an important time of the year to get this started for a full season of color and a beautifully landscaped property.
Plus who doesn’t love to be in the garden this time of year?
How to Prepare to Sell Your Home: Areas to Focus on Outdoors
- Start by spending some time doing a good clean-up. Pull out any plants that didn’t make it through the winter. Remove weeds and rake up any leaves or debris left from last season.
- Treat your grass for weeds and fertilize. Nothing says spring like green grass! Some due diligence on your lawn goes a long way.
- Trim up any trees or shrubs that need attention. Remove dead limbs and cut back any branches that are in contact with the house. Did some of your shrubs not make it through our December freeze? Now is a great time to replace.
- Divide your perennials. Now is the perfect time of year to divide your perennials. Use the divided plants to fill an empty place in your garden or share with a neighbor or friend. Plants always make great gifts!
- Lastly, plant annuals and vegetables to enjoy throughout the growing season. Use raised beds or a sunny spot in your yard to plant a garden. Plant annual flowers by your front entry and use in colorful containers.
Sarah Milligan, 615-545-1133
As a second generation REALTOR®, Sarah Milligan knows the ins and outs of the real estate business. She is a top producing REALTOR® helping buyers, sellers, and investors in and around Nashville since 2007.