Q: My child has a special needs trust.  I would like to use some of the money in the trust to pay for him to attend a school and major in art.  He can draw very well.  Is this an allowable expense?

A: It is so great that your son wants to pursue an education and potentially a career in art.  Yes, your son’s special needs trust can pay for the tuition, at an art school.  The trust can also pay for supplies, books, transportation to and from the school, and other special needs he may have.  

For more information on Special Needs Trusts, please contact Vista Points, Inc. at [email protected] or call 888-422-4076.

Darlene A. Kemp, MPH, MBA-HCM – Executive Director, Vista Points, Inc. 

Similar Posts
Latest Posts from Nashville Christian Family Magazine