A lot has changed in the last few years and homebuilding trends are no exception. Looking for inspiration for your next project? Here are the Top 8 emerging trends in building and design.
- Outdoor Living Space- No longer an add-on, outdoor spaces are now luxurious living spaces. Consider comfortable furniture, televisions, appliances and temperature control when designing your new space.
- Accessibility- Multi-generational homes are more popular than ever and the number is growing. With age comes the need for accessible features such as curb less showers, shower benches, no-slip flooring, grab bars, and wide doorways and hallways.
- Kitchen Functionality- Look for kitchens that have lasting appeal and deliver long-term function. Kitchen islands are among the top choice due to their versatility. And don’t forget storage, storage, storage in your kitchen. Racks and drawers can optimize space for storage and a large pantry is a must.
- Sustainability- Homebuyers are more environmentally conscious than ever and design preferences reflect that. Looks for sustainable materials such as engineered, bamboo or recycled wood, eco-friendly insulation, and stainless steel.
- Arches and Curves- It’s official- Curves are in! Visible in interior design trends, curves are a growing architectural trend that is on the rise in 2023. Arches and curves can go a long way to soften a space and make it feel more organic.
- Natural Materials- Bring it back to nature with earthy colors and textures. Try these rich color palettes to create a cozy atmosphere: Brick red, Sage green, Ocean blues, Gold, copper and other metallics.
- Bold Colors and Textures- Bold color accents are topping the list with homebuyers right now and the daring goes beyond paint. Textured wallpapers, statement features and bright backsplashes are all ways to make a statement.
- Flexible Spaces- People are spending more time indoors and many are working from home. A flexible space that can serve as office, craft room, guest room is a welcome addition to a home and boosts functionality.
Whether you are building new or renovating a space, consider incorporating some of these trends in your project.
And for all things buying and selling, consider contacting Sarah Milligan, Realtor for professional advice with your home.