Keeping kitchen cabinets clean can feel like a full-time job for anyone who spends a lot of time cooking at home. From the spills that are bound to happen to dirty hands reaching for another ingredient, kitchen cabinets always take a beating. We have tips for keeping those cabinets clean on a day-to-day basis, as well as simple step-by-step instructions for deep cleaning.
The following tips will help you keep your cabinets as tidy as possible between your Molly Maid cleans.
- Keep the doors and drawers closed: It may seem minor, but keeping your kitchen cabinets and drawers closed will decrease the buildup of crumbs and dust inside.
- Avoid water exposure:There’s no way to keep water out of the kitchen, but letting water sit on any type of wood for more than a short period of time will result in damage! Be careful to keep your cabinet shelves dry, and don’t hang wet towels over the cabinet doors.
- Wax your cabinets:Furniture wax work wonders on kitchen cabinets, creating a protective barrier that prevents oil and grime from building up. Apply the wax every six months by spraying it onto a microfiber cloth and rubbing it over each surface of the cabinets.
- Wipe up spills:It seems simple, but if you notice a spill on your cabinets, wipe it up right away! A wet drip of sauce will always clean up quickly right away, but once it dries, you’ll have to put in some elbow grease.
How to Clean Kitchen Cabinets
Every once in a while, all kitchen cabinets need a good deep clean to keep them in tip-top shape. These step-by-step instructions for cleaning your kitchen cabinets make it easy to tackle this project.
- Empty your cabinets inside and outside.
- Make a cleaning solution by mixing equal parts white vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle. If your cabinets are particularly grimy, add a few drops of liquid dishwashing detergent. If you have stone or granite cabinet knobs, swap the white vinegar with rubbing alcohol.
- Spray the outside of the cabinet doors with the cleaning solution, letting it sit for a minute or two.
- Using a microfiber cloth, wipe the cabinet doors clean. If dirty spots remain, repeat the process a second time.
- Open the cabinet doors and spray the inside of the doors and the shelves with the cleaning solution.
- After letting it sit for a minute or two, wipe the cleaner off with a microfiber cloth.
- Get out a clean cloth, wet it with clean water and wipe all the surfaces you cleaned.
- Use a clean towel to dry all surfaces thoroughly.
Feeling overwhelmed with the mess in your kitchen? If you’d like to spend more time cooking and less time cleaning, contact your local Molly Maid – 615-794-0200 or 615-603-3766, today to discuss a cleaning plan that’s right for you. https://www.mollymaid.com/s-davidson-williamson-maury-counties/about-us/contact-us/Ashley Farrar