If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, here are some spring cleaning tips to make the job a little less grueling.
Spring Cleaning Household Items
Implement a few of these shortcuts to make your spring cleaning – and your everyday cleaning – much easier.
Dusting is important work, but you’ll save time and need to dust less often if you:
- Regularly change the air filter in your furnace. It will trap dust for you!
- Use dryer sheets, even used ones, as dusting cloths for window blinds and baseboards. They leave a trace of anti-static fabric softener that repels dust andleaves a nice smell.
- Dryer sheets can also be placed inside your furnace/AC registers to trap dust while keeping your house smelling fresh.
- Microfiber dusting cloths are superior to paper towels and other cleaning cloths. You’ll also use less cleaning solution with them, which helps your cleaning supplies last longer.
- If your spring cleaning plan extends to cleaning your vehicles, you’ll find that placing one or two pieces of activated charcoal (not the kind for your grill) under the seats will eliminate odors.
- Does your garbage disposal smell funky? Try cleaning the splash guard. After making sure the disposal is turned off, use a disinfectant-dipped cloth to wipe the top and bottom of the black, rubber ring in your sink.
- When cleaning your glass and mirrors, use newspapers instead of cloth or paper towels.
- Newspaper is also great at soaking up juices from leftover food. Try lining your garbage can with yesterday’s news to keep the can clean and stink-free.
- Clean your stainless-steel appliances by applying baby oil to a microfiber cloth and wiping with the grain. Baby oil costs virtually nothing compared to store-bought cleaner.
These are just some of the tips we have for spring cleaning. With more than 30 years of professional cleaning experience, we know the most effective way to keep your house clean is to clean it on a weekly basis.
Ms. Molly Foundation
A portion of Molly Maid’s sales support victims of domestic violence in the communities we serve. To date, Ms. Molly has proudly raised more that $3 million – and we are not slowing down! This non-profit organization aims to increase public awareness of domestic violence and to provide victims with support. We believe everyone deserves to feel safe in their homes. The Ms. Molly Foundation strives to empower communities to end the cycle of violence in the home. It’s our goal to help give victims of domestic violence a second chance at happiness.
Contact your local Molly Maid at 615-794-0200 or 615-603-3766,today https://www.mollymaid.com/s-davidson-williamson-maury-counties/about-us/contact-us/ We’re Maid for This!